Individual Tax Solutions
Employment taxes can represent a significant impost on a business if not managed correctly. As employment taxes become more complex and new concessions and exemptions are introduced on a regular basis, a business may find itself in a situation where it is paying too much tax or not paying the right amount of tax.
We take a hands on approach in dealing with employment taxes to ensure business has identified all tax savings and processes are in place to meet their employment tax obligations. RSM Bird Cameron can provide the following assistance:
- FBT and payroll tax return preparation and review
- Advice on FBT, payroll tax and workcover implications for companies engaging employees and contractors
- FBT, payroll tax and workcover prudential reviews or "health checks" to identify tax savings
- Review and develop FBT and payroll tax policies and procedures for employers
Employment tax management also plays an important role in planning for Expatriate Taxation.
RSM Bird Cameron provides a comprehensive suite of services addressing taxation and payroll issues that arise with international transfer of employees - whether commencing an assignment outbound from Australia, or inbound to Australia or returning home after working or living overseas. These services include:
- Planning for taxation consequences of an assignment or relocation in or out of Australia
- Preparation of Australian income tax returns
- Remuneration planning to utilise fringe benefits which may be provided tax free or concessionally taxed
- Independent payroll services
- Advice for employers regarding tax obligations
- Assistance with compliance obligations when sponsoring an employee on a 457 visa:
- minimum salary levels
- superannuation obligations
- Temporary residents of Australia
- Departing residents access to Australian superannuation
- Medicare levy exemption
Human Resource Tax Solutions
A business is only as good as the people behind it. To achieve success, companies need to ensure their employees' objectives are aligned with the company's and that they are properly rewarded for their efforts.
RSM Bird Cameron has extensive experience in providing tax solutions to attract and incentivise employees to achieve these human resource objectives. These include:
- Remuneration structuring to maximise employee entitlements through salary sacrifice arrangements
- Expatriate taxation
- Tax issues for employers, employment taxes
- Tax treatment of bona fide redundancy payments and lump sum payments
- Superannuation guarantee obligation
- Fringe benefit tax advice
- Development and structuring of employee share and option plans to obtain tax deferral or tax exemption concessions
- Advice on the taxation consequences of participating in employee share or option plans
Click here to contact your local RSM Bird Cameron tax expert.